Saturday, November 19, 2011

My challenge part 3 : The way of Tactic

This is my third installment in my personal challenge in which I must build four distinct deck. There is my third decklist :

Hero (3)
Gimli (Core) x1
Legolas (Core) x1
Eowyn (Core) x1


Ally (28)
Beorn (Core) x1
Descendant of Thorondor (THoEM) x3
Gondorian Spearman (Core) x3
Horseback Archer (Core) x3
Landroval (AJtR) x2
Winged Guardian (THfG) x3
Wandering Took (Core) x3
Lorien Guide (Core) x3
Gandalf (Core) x2
Radagast (AJtR) x2
Veteran Axehand (Core) x3


Attachment (8)
Blade of Gondolin (Core) x2
Born Aloft (CatC) x2
Citadel Plate (Core) x2
Horn of Gondor (Core) x2


Event (14)
Feint (Core) x3
Swift Strike (Core) x2
To the Eyrie (AJtR) x2
Quick Strike (Core) x3
Meneldor's Flight (THoEM) x2
Stand and Fight (Core) x2
First, I must tell you that I don't like the tactic sphere, for now. I think that this sphere is too much focus on combat. Personally, I prefer more a balance sphere. But I still see some potential in it so I tried to build a deck anyway.

How did it work?
I try the deck four times against a Journey down the Anduin

Game 1
I killed the troll easily after I had block it with Gimly once, But by doing so, Gimly had become an easy prey to the Treachery card evil storm. I lost at the second stage because I had flip two times the brown lands while I had an active location

Game 2
The second time I had quest with everyone on my first turn, but I failed leading the field wide open for an undefended attack by the troll. I gave up

Game 3:
Like game 2, it was a complete disaster because of bad decision from my part.

Game 4
I was in control until I flipped a second Hill Troll.

My final thought about the deck
The deck is great at fighting for sure, but still have some problem when dealing with location. I might be able to pass the quest without changing the deck, but I would mean that I would have to learn more about using a tactic base deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment